“Building the present we want”
We are driven by the rescue of local knowledge and intergenerational equity to build cities and residential areas low in greenhouse gas emissions. Our initiatives span regions like the Orinoquía, Caribbean and Southern Pacific coastal regions of Colombia.
Through the mainstreaming of education, gender, governance and planning.
To strengthen, unite, create and/or support socio-environmental projects by sustainably managing land, guaranteeing civic involvement and protecting nature.
To promote gender inclusion through the recognition of often-overlooked voices, like those of women, children, indigenous people, Afro-Colombian people, people in rural areas and people from the LGBTI community.
To develop legal action as well as climate and territorial planning in order to formulate and implement effective actions for the adaptation to and mitigation of climate change in the country’s territories and cities.
To create campaigns, plans, programs and projects in the sphere of climate change, ecological restoration, green economy, deforestation control, water management, biodiversity conservation and environmental democracy, among others.
MODES OF ACTION
Mainstreaming gender equality in all of the initiatives that we create and/or support.
Strengthening projects through the use of innovative tools to achieve global change.
Using legal and political means to effectively influence and monitor projects, plans and campaigns in cities, urban areas and eco-regions.
Developing communal, cross-sector and cross-institutional interventions to approach potentialities and challenges in the environment.
Collaborating with other movements and/or organizations that work at the local, national and international level.
- We were accredited by UNEP for the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA).
- The Women for Climate Justice project was selected for the Paris Peace Forum.
- The Guardianes de Bocas de Cenizas project was selected for the Latinoamérica Verde awards.
- We attended the Latin American and Caribbean Climate Week.
- Barranquilla+20 participated in the #ArticuLAC Community of Practice Workshop in the Dominican Republic.
- We were invited by the Splicing Committee of the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development of the Colombian national government elected for 2022-2026.
- The “Women’s Summit for Climate Justice” was held for the first time in Colombia, organized by Barranquilla+20 in the framework of Generación Igualdad (Equality Generation), supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Conversation with youth advisors at an environmental education awareness event organized by the Global Youth Biodiversity Network (GYBN) and GYBN Colombia.
Visit our Moodle